Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Niku - Zines and So Much More

I had never bought a "zine" before, but recently bought one from Niku on Etsy. What a wonderful surprise!

"Part art zine, part personal zine, all mailart zine, Postal Curiosities & Delights is all about the importance of mail in my life and the role it plays. Each zine is assembled by hand and is a unique creation. This zine was typed on a 1940s royal deluxe typewriter and includes collages of mail ephemera from my collection. Pages include rubber and postge stamps, stickers, vintage paper ephemera and found images.

"Each comes with a mailart kit full of vintage mail supplies, collage materials, artistamps and postage stamps, and various other goodies I've collected for you to create your own mail art!"

Niku has been selling on Etsy for over 3 years now, and does a thriving business - I hope it will continue for many more years!

Niku's Profile
Bio
I live in Austin, Texas where I write, craft, sew, make, collect and hoard.

Favorite Materials
paper, rusty metal, vintage sewing supplies, fabric, thread, postage, yarn, paint, envelopes, stamps, twigs, leaves, office supplies

Please visit her store: http://niku.etsy.com.

No comments: