Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our 1/2 Off Sale



We started our half-off sale last week at Cornerstone Antiques.

The results for that week were pretty darn good - we sold a lot of things that we'd bought in 2006 and didn't think would ever sell. Not that there's anything wrong with them. But people are definitely looking for a bargain.

When I entered the sales in the database yesterday, I noticed that we didn't "lose" on anything. Maybe the loss was the 10%, but overall not much of a loss - more like a net gain on the items sold compared to their purchase price.

So, this is a good thing, I guess. I don't think I'll miss the store at all. It has increasingly been harder to find the cheap items to resell.

Auctions this year fetched more than ever. I think people are out there looking for bargains and going to auctions is one way to find them. It's good for the auctioneer to have a lot of folks there, but bad for the business person looking to stock a store.

No comments: