Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Can't Italians spell "Biscotti"?



Today I bought my kitchen a Christmas present - a set of ceramic canisters marked very clearly on the bottom "Made in Italy".

I took pictures of the new set to send to my sister. I was editing them when I noticed the spelling on the largest one: "Biscotty".

Now Italian doesn't have a lot of words that end with "Y". Even Italy ends with an "A" in Italy, as it's "Italia" there.

So, the "Y" made me laugh out loud! Biscotti! Not Biscotty!

But, all that said I love the canisters. They're just the right size and color to brighten up my kitchen and the white, blue and yellow are my kitchen colors.

1 comment:

Margie and Edna said...

That's hilarious! It's a good thing you like them, since they're not exactly accurate. ;) They are cute, though.